Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Should Freedom of Choice have Limitations? A PR Plan in Support of Bill-52

                                                             Video Credit www.YouTube.com 
 
People fascinate me - especially what makes each of us unique.  There are very few fates all human beings share, and death is one of them.  My morbidity is something I do not like to think about, and I get very emotional whenever someone I love discusses their own mortality.  Yet, and I feel it's almost macabre admitting it, I have an interest in learning about medically assisted suicide and am able to remain objective while doing so. Despite the morbid topic many documentaries on it like "The Suicide Tourist" and "Terry Pratchett - Choosing to Die" are tastefully done with themes of compassion, love, strength, and dignity.  I'd have to say watching them has had a profound affect on me and dispelled many of my misconceptions I had about it.  I highly recommend watching them both, as they have many similarities but provide slightly different perspectives.

I thought I may just be crazy creating a Strategic PR Plan in Support of Bill-52, as surely there were 'safer' topics to discuss.  But such an attitude is likely an indirect cause of why it isn't legal today, and realizing that, I would be doing myself a great disservice choosing another topic.   

At no point are my personal beliefs detailed because despite them I'm a proponent for choice and progress and do not want my belief system imposed on anyone else nor another on me.  Regardless of whether the bill is passed it's important to create a dialogue and ongoing debate - death won't be going away any time soon. 


What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment